InstantAgarose™ Tablet Gel Preparation Protocol
Product: InstantAgarose™ Tablet, 0.5g@
1) Use a flask that is 2 to 4 times the volume of the solution being prepared.IMPORTANT
2) Add agarose tablet to electrophoresis buffer based on below
table to prepare your desired gel %, soak tablet in buffer for
2 minutes before heating.
3) If use boiling water bath:
• To melt agarose, simply heat the slurry in a boiling water
bath, bring the solution to a boil and allow it to boil for 5-10
minutes stirring continuously, until agarose dissolves
If use microwave oven:
• Heat the slurry in microwave on high power setting until it
starts to boil, allow boiling for 30 seconds.
• Remove the flask from microwave, swirl gently to re-suspend
any remaining agarose particles.
• Reheat on high power for 1-2 minutes or until the solution is clear and all particles are dissolved.
• Remove the flask from the microwave oven, and gently swirl to it.
Use caution when handling as solution may be extremely heated.
4) Cool the solution to approx. 60C before pouring.
Separation of DNA in agarose